Factory of Photography Exhibition

This year I was asked by the photography faculty at the University of the Arts (now my alma mater) to participate in the 2010 FotoFestiwal International Festival of Photography in Lodz, Poland. Fellow student, Lou Caltabiano, was asked to participate as well with his Shower series. Judging by the images I've seen online, it was a great event, and I really wish I could have been there. I've seen some amazing images of the work that was hung (is still hanging??) there. Phillip Toledano was also present with an exhibit of his series Days With My Father, a wonderful series I've admired since I first heard about it several months ago.

I've posted the images of mine that were in the Factory of Photography portion of the festival. They have appeared on this blog at an earlier time, and since I'm still working on the series, there will be more to come. I'll post some links here......

Link to my images on the fotofestiwal site:
http://fotofestiwal.com/2010/kelly-wrage/

(polish version of events)
http://www.fotomargines.pl/2010/05/08/subiektywny-przeglad-obowiazkowych-wystaw-na-9-fotofestiwalu-lodzi/

(google english translation of the above mentioned events)
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://www.fotomargines.pl/2010/05/08/subiektywny-przeglad-obowiazkowych-wystaw-na-9-fotofestiwalu-lodzi/&ei=E2kJTKidFsGAlAf93IjcDg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=62&ved=0CLECEO4BMD0&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522kelly%2Bwrage%2522%26num%3D100%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DwwJ%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26as_qdr%3Dall

I'm not sure if the translation link will work, so I posted the Polish version as well. On this particular page, you will see an image of Toledano giving a talk on his work with that work on the wall next to him. Some of my images are at the bottom of the page. If you haven't seen Toledano's series yet, I highly recommend that you do. It is very moving and beautifully executed.






Comments

Popular Posts