Complicated Relationships












This is not even a working title. I honestly don't have one yet. This series seems to morph a bit depending on what is going on in my life while I'm working on it. I started the project a few years ago but took a break from it for a while. I resumed shooting for it last November or thereabouts. I have written a couple of statements for it, but that changes as well. I'll dig up the most recent one and post it if anyone is interested. It's pretty close, I think, but still needs some updating because I've found some more correlations in regard to its connections to me personally. These images need further editing for actual showing, and I'm working on that now. I have several new ones which need to be scanned and edited, and I'll be adding those to the group soon.

Comments

Erin McGuire said…
I was just going to post some images to my blog and saw one of your woods images in my blog list for all the blogs Im tracking.

I believe I've seen most of these but not all of them. God, they are so exciting. I said this to you before but Im going to say it here in the blog but the selective focus really makes me feel like Im right there in the woods. Finding those little bits and pieces that are in focus beyond the immediately seen branches and twigs that are in focus really make me feel like Im walking through the woods. Does that mean that the images have movement?

I know a lot of people talk about tone and texture but I think sometimes the meaning of these words gets a little lost. Not so with your images. There is something about the quality of the tone and texture in your images that hearkens back to a long forgotten age of film. Its so silvery and perfect. Shit, I really wish I had the words you have for explaining myself, but I just dont. I hope you know what I mean though.

I love these images Kelly, so much, and I can see those woods from so long ago. The ones you were telling me about, why you shoot these images. I remember that wild turkey we chased and just kept going deeper and deeper into the thick branches until we had to give up. These images so easily take me back there.

Thank you!
Kelly said…
Thank you! I really have to get the others finished and polish these up in the next couple of weeks so they are ready for the show.

Speaking of shows, I'll have that image uploaded and sent out next week. Seems I have one other to take care of as well. One of the mini-box-dollhouse images is going into a benefit show at school. I have some big ideas for where I want to take those images too, but that will have to wait until summer.

Thanks again for all of the nice compliments. It really makes me want to go to the darkroom and make a big silver gelatin print....Ilford, glossy, fiber, warm tone.....yummy. And the TURKEY! I remember him! We actually thought we might catch him--how hilarious is that?!

Popular Posts