Since certain people seem to be all Gibralter happy these days, I thought I'd put this up for them. I'm afraid that since the print I scanned is 9"x9", it suffered a bit of cropping.


I'm kind of in the midst of a shooting blitz right now, so it's still old stuff that's going up here. I started out way ahead of the game with the summer's photo assignment, and then just sort of shut down for a bit. I've been in a funk for a while now, but hopefully with a new semester there will come some new inspiration. These two photos were taken with a Holga in one of the classrooms at DCAD. I have to try shooting with my Holgas again--I seem have had a little more success with them than some of my other cameras--though I did just buy that 4x5 on ebay.....and a lot of pencils and drawing pads from AC Moore and Dick Blick if memory serves me correctly. Hmmm But then, I've been wanting to break out the gouache lately, but that leads to guilt over not shooting, so I make a half-assed effort at that instead. I can't wait to get back to class!

Comments

paulagrin said…
I wanted to bring my friend (visiting from KS) to DCAD but I totalluy couldn't with all the construction around there. How do you get *to* the school?
Kelly said…
I park in a nearby garage, so I never have to worry about parking. It's a bit farther than most commuters to the school will park, but it works for me--and I never have to worry about the construction on Main St! Now you have me worried though--is there construction on 95 or something like that which is keeping you from getting there? I usually take 41 right into the downtown area if 95 is a mess.
paulagrin said…
No, I just hate driving through the construction zone in the city. And I apparently either missed my turn Sunday night or the street was totally closed off... Go figure, I lose my sense of direction after only a year!
Echo Shi Volla said…
Good photos!! Best best kind that I like:D
Kelly said…
Why thank you madam.
Echo Shi Volla said…
Keeping those photos coming you slave photo worm !:D

Popular Posts